Young Evangelicals for Climate Action invites highly motivated candidates to apply for two currently available staff positions. Any questions about these positions can be directed to our National Organizer and Spokesperson, Rachel Lamb.
- National Organizer and Spokesperson
- Communications Coordinator
1) National Organizer and Spokesperson
The National Organizer and Spokesperson position is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. It is a staff position with the Evangelical Environmental Network (EEN) and functions as a joint role between EEN and Young Evangelicals for Climate Action (YECA). The National Organizer and Spokesperson is the face of YECA and is responsible for representing the organization to partners and the press, to provide leadership and guidance to the national steering committee, to coordinate fundraising and communications efforts, and to cast a vision for the organization and its future. The National Organizer and Spokesperson is responsible to the President of the Evangelical Environmental Network.
- Represent a nationwide steering committee of young leaders organizing for climate action and environmental protection
- Mobilize and train young adults in the faith community around climate issues
- Manage YECA’s grant funded programs and campaigns
- Advocate with state and federal leaders around climate policies
- Coordinate communications strategy and press outreach, give interviews, and write op-eds and articles
- Coordinate fundraising efforts, donor outreach and grant applications
- Give invited talks and lectures at conferences and on college campuses
- Build and maintain partnerships with foundations, funding organizations, colleges/universities
- Collaborate on projects with other faith-based and secular organizations
- Provide strategic support for EEN campaigns and outreach efforts
- Cast a creative and strategic vision for the future of the organization
- Further develop organizational relationships with senior advisors
- National travel required
- Self-identifies as an evangelical and demonstrates sensitivity to the range of perspectives within the “evangelical” world
- Experience in overseeing budgets, donor relations and identifying new funding sources
- Organized and attentive to details. Able to work remotely and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience and skill with public speaking
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and positive attitude
- Ability to frame policy discussions in Christian and theological terms
- Solution-oriented and ability to identify and assess emerging opportunities
- Demonstrated giftedness in maintaining and building collaborative networks and partnerships
- Ability to represent and communicate YECA’s mission in a variety of settings (i.e. college campus, press conference, advocacy visit, donor relations meeting, rally)
- Familiarity with climate change policy. Previous work within the environmental sector is advantageous but not a requirement.
- Younger than 30 years of age in keeping with YECA’s definition of a “young evangelical.”
- Experience in project management (including working remotely with offices and staff).
- Excellent written communications skills; attention to detail and accuracy.
- Slight preference for being based in Washington D.C. metro, but working remotely is possible.
- Has experience within the Christian, faith-based policy and advocacy community. Experience within the evangelical creation care community preferred, but not required.
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience
Start Date: August 15, 2016
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Rachel Lamb (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject line: “YECA National Organizer & Spokesperson”
2) Communications Coordinator
The Communications Coordinator position is a part-time, 15 hours/week role with the Young Evangelicals for Climate Action (YECA) and the Evangelical Environmental Network (EEN). The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining an active social media presence, developing electronic and print materials, creating and sending newsletters and various communications to YECA and EEN supporters, and collaborating with the YECA national steering committee to support individual projects. The Communications Coordinator is responsible to the YECA National Organizer and the Vice-President of EEN. The position can be done remotely, but slight preference is for candidates living in the DC-metro area.
- Maintain an active Facebook and Twitter presence on all YECA and EEN related sites
- Update blog and webpages as needed
- Regularly develop and post internal news media on the YECA website
- Develop and send monthly newsletters to supporters in collaboration with the national organizer
- Edit video and post to YECA YouTube Channel as needed
- Add and describe new event photos to YECA Flickr site as needed
- Manage individuals who contact us through the website and our Facebook page as needed
- Develop electronic and print material for YECA events and programming as needed
- Maintain a database of all YECA related media hits
- Maintain “Call To Action” signatory list and help connect signatories to ongoing opportunities within the organization.
- Help manage incoming donations/donor lists
- Collaborate with Steering Committee members on specific event communications as needed
- Affirms YECA’s mission and Call to Action
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to translate nuanced messaging into language easily comprehensible to diverse audiences
- Ability to work independently as part of a small staff team
- Ability to prioritize among competing goals and execute on tight deadlines
- Responsive in real time to urgent and emerging issues, in collaboration with the spokesperson
- Articulate, polished, and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, initiative, and confidence
- Savvy with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as online email and website platforms
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram and YouTube
- Knowledge of fundraising communications techniques including, but not limited to, proposal writing, public relations, and donor outreach
- Graphic design skills (especially familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop)
- Video editing skills (especially familiarity with Adobe Premiere)
- Website Design skills (especially familiarity with basic HTML coding)
- Skills with using the NationBuilder web hosting platform
- Communications experience with a faith-based organization
Period of Employment: May 1 – December 31, 2016, with possibility of renewal
Expectations: 15hrs/week (~10/hrs a week for YECA and ~4-5hrs/week for EEN)
Stipend: $1,200/month To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Rachel Lamb (
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Rachel Lamb (email@example.com) with subject line: “YECA/EEN Communications Coordinator”